New Apostolic Church

New Apostolic Church

The Windsor Congregation of the New Apostolic Church’s origins go back to the 1920s when members of this religion settled in Brisbane and started holding services in a private home.
As numbers grew they met in the Labour Hall in Stoneleigh Street and then in the Windsor School of Arts.
In 1935 it was decided to build a church and 437 Lutwyche Road, which was a firewood depot, was purchased.
Tenders were called and the church was dedicated on 5 January 1936.
The Windsor Congregation was the inspiration for many other congregations in south-east Queensland since its inception. The building has changed over the years.The internal exposed studs were sheeted with grained masonite and in 1966 the original spire was pulled down. In 1983 modern toilets were built and storage space built. The entrance has been upgraded, a new altar and air conditioning have been installed. The church is well known for its beautiful organ pipes.
The 75th Anniversary was celebrated in 2011.
2018-01-01T10:11:05+00:00

Leave A Comment